Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), is a great way to learn about self defense while also developing physical and mental fitness. In other words, it's more than a sport or a form of fighting, it is a vehicle for personal improvement.
Along with training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, we also offer classes in two of the most popular, strenuous, and fulfilling martial arts disciplines - Kickboxing and Capoeira. These two highly physical, full-body martial arts practices will help you develop your body and your mind, raising you to a new state of fitness, one you've never experienced before.
Come in today and achieve your New State of Fitness!
Call now and schedule your first FREE class! (504)201-1513
New State Fitness offers the Greater New Orleans area's ideal place to learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), Kickboxing, and Capoeira, whether you're a beginner or an expert, a child or an adult. At our gym, you will train with the best Jiu Jitsu practitioners the New Orleans area has to offer, in a safe, fun, family friendly atmosphere.
New Orleans Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (NOLABJJ) has been an institution in New Orleans for more than a decade. At New State Fitness, we are proud to carry on our team's impeccable tradition here in Metairie.
Charles Haymon, the founder, owner, and head trainer at New State Fitness, is a highly decorated martial arts practitioner. He has travelled the United States studying martial arts at gyms throughout the country, and has competed in some of the most prominent tournaments in the nation and around the world.
A few of Charles' accomplishments include:
- 2015 FIAS Sambo World Championship Team USA Competitor (Combat)
- 2015 IBJJF Dallas Open Champion (Brown)
- 2015 USA Sambo National Runner-up
- 2015 USA Judo National Champion (Brown)
- 2013 NAGA World Champion (Expert)
- 2013 NAGA World Champion (Brown)
- 2013 North American Freestyle Sambo Champion
- Black Belt in BJJ under Matthias Meister (NOLABJJ)
- Brown Belt in Judo under Nobuo Hayashi
- Associate Coach in Sambo under Reilly Bodycomb
Check out Charles competing in BJJ, Judo, and Sambo below: